Freight: Each quotation calls out whether it is plus freight, or freight is allowed.
Representative pricing sheets are as follows; LSL Emergency pricing guide is freight allowed at $1500 , General Lighting price guide is freight is allowed at $1000. You can add General Lighting products to meet the $1500 LSL freight. Overage cannot be used to make an order freight allowed.
Payment Terms: Standard payment terms are invoiced at Net 30. For additional discounts and rebates, contact your Envoy Lighting representative for early payment discounts and yearly volume rebates.
Return of Non-Defective Product Upon request, a Return Material Authorization (RMA) will be issued up to 30 days from date of shipment on all non- defective product and is subject to a 35% restocking charge. Only standard items in our current product line are returnable. Special orders and discontinued merchandise are non-returnable. All products must be returned within 30 days of the date of issuance of the RMA. A copy of the RMA must accompany the shipment. Products must be returned in the original factory sealed cartons in saleable condition. All material returned is subject to inspection and any unsaleable or damaged merchandise will be credited at salvage value or less costs of repair.
Return of Defective Product: All returned goods must be accompanied by an RMA issued by Life Safety Lighting (LSL). Upon receipt, if product(s) are within the 1-year warranty period, and LSL inspection determined that a defect in material or workmanship is the cause of the problem, LSL will either repair or replace the product at no charge and will return the product. When requesting an RMA, please be sure include: original purchase order number, catalog number and quantity to be returned.
1. LSL warrants that its products are free of defects in workmanship and materials for a period of five years, and at its sole option, will repair or replace, F.O.B. our factory, freight prepaid, any LSL products (other than lamps and ballasts) defective in workmanship or materials. Such repair or replacement is the sole and exclusive remedy against LSL and is limited from date of shipment. Life Safety Lighting reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace. No back-charges, or charges for labor or material, that does not have LSL prior written approval from its corporate offices in Pennsylvania will be honored, accepted or paid by LSL. We will not be responsible for any consequential or incidental damages in connection with any breach of its aforementioned warranty. Warranty terms and time periods vary by product.
2. Ballasts and emergency battery packs are covered by separate ballast manufacturer's warranties. LSL does not make any warranties whatsoever as to ballasts and will accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever.
3. LSL will not be responsible for any products subjected to inappropriate application, installation, or modified in any way that is not in accordance with Life Safety Lighting’s instructions.
4. No agent, employee or representative of LSL has any authority to bind Envoy Lighting to any affirmation, representation or warranty concerning goods sold by Life Safety Lighting unless an affirmation, representation or warranty made by an agent, employee or representative is specifically included herein, or in LSL’s acknowledgment or Buyer's purchase order, or in standard printed materials provided by LSL, it does not form a part of the basis of any bargain between LSL and shall not in any way be enforceable by Buyer.
5. Any component of our products that fails due to a manufacturing defect will be replaced within 1 year of the purchase date. Replacement will be for the failed component or a new unit at LSL’s discretion. All defective units are subject to manufacturer testing. Should any failed units be found defective from misuse, improper voltage, or faulty wiring, the customer will be charged for the replacement.
6. Under no circumstances will LSL be responsible for back charges of any kind, including, without limitation, labor charges, equipment rental fees or late penalties unless prior approval has been given. To activate the warranty, the product must be installed and maintained properly. “Damaged” products must be reported to LSL in writing, within 10 days of the invoice date.